Our Town Crier Category
February 23rd, 2013
Released today in publish 23:
- Fixed security levels on light switches.
- Fixed security levels on the house teleporters from the gold room older season.
- House teleporters will now check to see if there is a house on the other end of the teleport, if not it will reset itself.
- House teleporters can now have item id changed and reset by double clicking it inside your backpack.
- Fixed another oversight on the bandage speed in [mystats.
- Sandals Dye Tub will now dye artifact sandals.
- Dryad Allure will no longer work on a Trogoldyte.
- Rune Crafting Storage will now give back the correct charges on newly inserted rune chisels.
- Bolas will now knock players out of animal form.
- New Client Crash Recovery system has been developed. Now if you try to log in, lets say, a house with a million shovels that would normally keep you from logging in, the next login attempt will pull you to a safe area, and prompt you with a gump to return to your last position if you wish (within a minute). It will also message staff with the troubled location and map, along with your character name. I believe this will help us combat crash issues and keep you in-game playing.
- Released pets will not attack players until attacked first. Your welcome, miners.
Sorry about the down time earlier, we had some server host issues. They should be fixed up now. Have fun!
February 5th, 2013
The wait for publish 22 is now over. The following has been implemented.
- Point calculation for PvM system has been reworked a bit. Mostly the way the points are calculated within the algorithm.
- Credit system has been completed for the PvM system. New rewards will be available in exchange for your credits. Credits will not be reset weekly with the points, just as they are not in our PvP system. Credits are scaled on creature difficulty (things like mongbats will give zero credits), and bonus credits are given for champions and peerless.
- Double vote points will be given to those whom have fel rules enabled. Extra harvest bonus, artifact drops, no faction skill loss, as well as bonus powerscrolls at non-private champ areas are still in play as well.
- Fel System gump has been updated to reflect the new bonus added.
- Weapon damage increase cap will be ignored when fighting monsters. It will still be capped at 100% in PvP.
- Fixed broken peerless altars throughout the world, and cleaned up a lot of back end mess with them.
- New storage key will be available – Runecrafting Storage. It also shows what each rune does.
- Another new storage key - Rare Dye Tub Storage. It lists each tubs hue number as well.
- Fixed a couple of the broken skills on the new Dread Dragon, as well as his healing ability amounts.
- Treasure maps level 5 and greater will now be protected by a champion boss half the time.
- Improved password command will return. [password will allow you to change your accounts password on your own.
- Animal Lore will now work on Ancient Hell Hounds.
- Wrote an automated sweeper that cleans out empty account vaults.
- Container/Item weight will no longer prevent movement from interior decorator.
- Wrote a light switch for houses. When you use the switch, it will light or unlight all lightsources in your home at once. May be in the gold room.
- Introducing a new player command “[stack”. This allows you to stack items, chests, anything secure or locked down in your home on the fly. Great for decorating your home!
- Master Runebook has been re-worked and stabalized. It will be available on the donation shop, found after the moongate library. This book holds up to 51 runebooks and can be carried in and used from your backpack.
- Healing time on [mystats has been corrected.
- Damage Increase does not show PvP cap in [mystats. It should be assumed 100 in pvp, and will show real value for PvM (uncapped).
December 22nd, 2012
We kinda got jacked on the remainder of the publish because of our hosting issues. Now that it is all settled, we are moving forward on development of publish 22. Have fun everyone, thanks for playing Freedom!
- You will now be notified when a player vendor that you own makes a sale and for how much. It will also tell you the name of the vendor that made the sale. (Implemented already with server upgrade) - Moongate confirmation gumps will be removed. Gates will just send you without confirmation. They were annoying. (Implemented already with server upgrade) - Weekly PvP rewards will be converted to gold only. (Implemented already with server upgrade) - Finished the PvM ranking system with weekly resets and rewards. - If crafting shovels or pickaxes and you already have at least 20 in your pack, it will send a message to store them before creating more. This should help combat those that have been over-crafting and crashing themselves out of game. Please use a storage key if you are macro crafting them. - We've developed a new collector quest system, in which we will place multiple new quest givers across the world, all with their own tasks and prizes. -Dungeon Updates:- -Scripting for all non-boss monsters is complete, 43 new monsters in total! -Story Line written and complete -Layout complete. -Multiple Puzzle Added In -26 New Major Custom Stealables, including: -3 different 4 piece items -4 pieces of gear
November 24th, 2012
Due to a large increase in our player base lately and the great support we’ve received from our gracious donations, we have upgraded the server in which houses Freedom.
Our new box has:
- 24 GB DDR3 Ram (we had 8).
- 8 Processor Cores (we had 4 slower ones).
- Solid State Hard Drives (we had SATA drives).
- 1GB/sec connection speed (we had 100mb).
As the DNS begins to propogate for everyone, I would like to make players aware of a few updates that have gone in with the new box. Not everyone will agree with these changes, but it is just the beginning in an attempt to balance out the issues players have made us aware of the past couple of weeks. These are not permanent, per say, as more issues may arise that we will completely address.
- Our server itself has been upgraded to the absolute latest Ultima Online client, adding support for the new .uop files. This will allow us to open up the newer areas EA may add at a later time.
- SDI in PvP while not carrying a weapon is now capped at 50% instead of 30%.
- Yumi’s have taken a bit of a hit on swing speed (.5 slower).
- Double strike now costs 45 mana to cast.
- Weekly PvP winners are now awarded gold only. 5 million to 1st place, 1 million to 2nd place, and 500k to 3rd place. The statues will still be placed in Serpent’s Hold for the players’ recognition.
I know, some of you are saying, wtf Proto?! Well like I stated previously, we will address any other issues that may arise with the tweaks, be it more or less. We want to keep Freedom fun and fair for everyone and would love to hear your input via our community forums. By this very post, you should now realize that our staff team takes to heart what our players have to say, and we will continue to do so for the many years to come on our server.
October 29th, 2012
The following updates and changes have come in publish 20.
- Double bank storage powerup will be added to our [donationshop.
- Double backpack storage powerup will be added to our [donationshop.
- Plant vendor has made it's return. You can now find it near the hemp patch in Serpent's Hold.
- Fishing Order Deeds will now return a substantial increase in gold. Also, deeds that require over 200 catches, will wield a random relic half of the time.
[b]PvP System Overhaul[/b]
- Ranks will be reset globally every 7 days automatically.
- Credits remain untouched, so they may still be spent in [pvprewards shop.
- First ranked for the week receives 15 freedom coins.
- Second ranked for the week receives 5 freedom coins.
- Third ranked for the week receives 1 million gold.
- Each of the three gets a statue for the following 7 days in their honor.
- A stone will be found next to the statues that displays when the next reset/ranks rewards happens. It also displays the prizes for each place first through third.
- There will be a 15 minute delay between the time you can gain points by killing the same player. You will have to kill other players to gain points until the hour is up.
- Other top player ranking statues have been removed. They cause client crashes in town and have no real use after this publish. If you want to see player ranks, please use the board located in Serpent’s Hold.
- Points will be distributed based on ranks. The higher rank the player you kill, the more points you will get, and vice versa. You will gain 5% of the difference in points between your victim and yourself. The minimum gain will be one point.
Example: You have 100 points, and you kill someone with 500 points. You will gain 5% of 400 points.
Example: You have 500 points and kill someone with 100 points. You will gain the one point minimum.
Go after the higher ranking players!
- Loose gates that players were using to gate hop during pvp have all been removed, and their locations have been added to the main gate in Serpent’s Hold.
- Player Vendors will no longer keep a house from being demolished. Keep your houses refreshed the right way!
- Halloween handouts have been coded in (they will automatically be handed out as well).
- Remove From Factions Deeds will no longer be available via [pvprewards.